So it has been more than a month and there is some definite growth happening.
Yesterday I got around to doing a bunch of things that needed to happen. I weeded both halves, and finally mulched the second half. I also put dirt around the leeks again, and mulched around them. I was out there today to water the tomatoes in the morning and the leeks almost could do with more dirt again today, but I will leave them a bit.
I also redid some of the mulch on the first half, cos it had become a bit sparse. As well as mulching around the carrots on the first half. So all that took a while because on both halves I had to work around the existing plants.
Then my parentals arrived and so I gave them a bit of a tour and mum showed me how to break off the bottom sprout on the tomatoes, cos it wouldn’t produce fruit. I think she gave it a name but I forgot it.
I really need to tie my tomatoes to the stakes that are there, the problem is there are 6 plants, some with two main sprouts that would need tying and I only have 6 stakes. Hopefully it will be alright though. I would love to have a big garden and be able to stake them using concrete reinforcing wire, but I think I have said that before…
Pics can be found here.